The Advanced Witch's Guide
Advancing Your Magickal Journey
If you have already mastered the basics of witchcraft and are eager to delve deeper into the mystical arts, you have reached the intermediate level. Welcome to this gateway of intermediate witchcraft, offering valuable information and resources to support your continued growth and exploration.
What is an Advanced Witchcraft?
A more advanced witchcraft is a stage where practitioners have surpassed the beginner level and are poised to elevate their magickal practice to new heights. Having already performed spells, rituals, and divination, those exploring intermediate witchcraft are now ready to refine their craft, explore advanced techniques, and forge a deeper connection with the spiritual realm.
This phase of the journey is marked by a thirst for knowledge and a willingness to expand one’s understanding and skills as an adept practitioner of the mystical arts.
Wicca: A modern pagan, witchcraft-based religion that involves the worship of nature and the practice of rituals, spells, and magick.
Paganism: A broad term that encompasses various polytheistic, nature-based, and magickal traditions.
Ceremonial Magick: A system of magickal practices that involves intricate rituals, symbols, and invocations to communicate with higher powers or energies.
Hoodoo: A folk magick system that originated in African American communities, combining African spirituality, Native American practices, and European folk magick.
Voodoo: A syncretic religion with African, Catholic, and indigenous influences, often involving rituals, spells, and communication with spirits.
Thelema: A spiritual system founded by Aleister Crowley, emphasizing personal growth, self-discovery, and the pursuit of one’s True Will through rituals and magick.
Hermeticism: An esoteric tradition based on the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus, involving the study of spiritual and philosophical principles and practices like alchemy.
Cunning Craft: A traditional European witchcraft practice that involves herbalism, divination, spellwork, and connecting with spirits of the land.
Santería: A syncretic religion that blends Yoruba traditions with Catholicism, involving rituals, offerings, and communication with Orishas (deities).
Vodou: A Haitian religion that combines West African beliefs and Catholicism, involving rituals, dances, and communication with spirits called Loa.
Candle Magick: A practice of using different colored candles, intentions, and symbols to focus energy and manifest desires.
Crystal Magick: The belief that specific crystals and gemstones possess metaphysical properties and can be used for healing, protection, and manifestation.
Sigil Magick: The creation of symbols or sigils representing intentions, desires, or affirmations, often charged with energy to bring about desired outcomes.
Divination: Practices like tarot card reading, astrology, scrying, and rune casting to gain insight into the past, present, and future.
Necromancy: The practice of communicating with and seeking guidance from the spirits of the deceased.
Shamanism: An ancient practice involving communication with the spirit world, often through trance states, to heal and gain insights.
Chaos Magick: A modern magickal practice that draws from various traditions and beliefs, emphasizing the pragmatic use of symbols, belief, and intention.
Energy Healing: Modalities like Reiki, Pranic Healing, and Qigong that involve channeling and manipulating energy for healing and balancing.
What is a Chaos Magician?
At This Phase On Your Magickal Journey
Deepening Your Practice: It’s time to deepen your understanding of the elements, astrology, tarot, and other esoteric arts. Study the correspondences between planets, zodiac signs, crystals, and herbs to enhance the potency of your spellwork.
Advanced Spellcasting: Explore complex and intricate spellcasting techniques, such as sigil magick, planetary magick, and ritualistic spellwork. Experiment with various forms of energy manipulation and focus on refining your intentions for more powerful results.
Ritual Spell Videos
Working with Deities and Spirits: Intermediate witchcraft often involves forging connections with deities, spirit guides, and ancestors. Learn about different pantheons, deities, and spirit entities, and practice rituals and offerings to honor and work with them.
Herbalism and Potioncraft: Deepen your knowledge of herbalism and potioncraft. Learn about the medicinal and magical properties of herbs, and how to create potions, oils, and incenses to aid in your spiritual practices.
The Dark Goddess
Advanced Divination: Further develop your divination skills by exploring more complex divination methods like astrology, numerology, scrying, and pendulum dowsing. Use divination as a tool for gaining insights into your life and spiritual path.
Dreamwork and Astral Travel: Dive into dreamwork and astral travel to explore the realms beyond the physical. Keep a dream journal, practice lucid dreaming, and learn techniques for safe and intentional astral projection.
Basic Spell Workings
Spellcasting, an ancient and sacred practice, holds the power to transform our reality, manifest our intentions, and deepen our connection with the divine.
At the heart of spellcasting lies the potent combination of intention and energy. Intention acts as the driving force behind our spells, giving direction and purpose to our magical workings. It is the conscious focus of our desires and the manifestation of our will. By crafting clear and heartfelt intentions, we tap into the creative power of our thoughts, emotions, and desires.
As practitioners of spirituality and witchcraft, we recognize that personal empowerment is an essential aspect of our journey. Spellcasting empowers us to take control of our lives, shaping our destinies with intention and purpose. By stepping into our role as magicians, we awaken our inherent power and become active participants in our own growth and transformation. Spellcasting allows us to reclaim our sovereignty, reminding us that we hold the key to our own spiritual evolution.
Lemon Banishing Spell
This spell can be used to banish negative energies, situations, or people from your life.
You will need:
- 1 fresh lemon
- A small piece of paper
- A black pen
- A sharp knife or pin
- A black candle
- Banishing oil (such as Hot Foot Oil or Banishing Oil)
- Matches or a lighter
The Spell Instructions
1. Set up your ritual space by placing the black candle in a candle holder and lighting it. Anoint the candle with the banishing oil.
2. Take the fresh lemon and hold it in your hands. Close your eyes and focus your energy on what you wish to banish. Visualize it being absorbed by the lemon.
3. Using the black pen, write your intention for banishing onto the small piece of paper. Be specific and clear about what you want to remove from your life.
4. Fold the paper and place it inside the lemon, squeezing it shut.
5. With the sharp knife or pin, pierce the lemon several times, symbolizing the breaking and release of the negative energy or situation.
6. Hold the lemon in your hands and recite your intention aloud, stating clearly what you want to banish from your life. For example, you might say, “With this lemon, I banish all negativity and remove it from my life.”
7. Place the lemon on a heat-resistant surface, such as a dish or tray.
8. Light the black candle and let the wax drip onto the surface near the lemon, forming a small pool of wax.
9. Carefully pick up the lemon and hold it above the pool of wax. Allow a few drops of wax to fall onto the lemon, sealing it.
10. Place the lemon back on the surface, allowing the wax to harden and secure the intention inside.
11. Allow the candle to burn down completely.
12. After the candle has burned out, dispose of the lemon away from your property. You can bury it in the earth or throw it into a flowing river or stream.
13. Extinguish the candle and express gratitude for the banishment and release.
14. Cleanse your space by smudging with sage or any cleansing incense to remove any residual negative energies.
Healing Candle Magick Spell
This spell is designed to promote physical, emotional, or spiritual healing.
You will need:
- A healing-colored candle (such as blue, green, or white)
- A cauldron or fireproof bowl
- Healing herbs or essential oils (such as lavender, eucalyptus, or rosemary)
- Matches or a lighter
The Spell Instructions
1. Set up your ritual space by placing the cauldron or fireproof bowl on a stable surface.
2. Select a healing-colored candle that resonates with the type of healing you seek. For physical healing, use green; for emotional healing, use blue; and for spiritual healing, use white.
3. Light the candle, focusing on the flame and its healing energy.
4. If using herbs, sprinkle some healing herbs around the cauldron or fireproof bowl. If using essential oils, anoint the candle with a few drops of the chosen oil.
5. Take a moment to center yourself and visualize the healing energy flowing through you or the person you wish to heal.
6. Hold your hands over the cauldron or fireproof bowl and state your intention for healing. Speak your intention with clarity and conviction, such as “I invoke healing energy to flow through this candle and bring healing to (name).”
7. Lightly pass the candle over the cauldron or fireproof bowl, allowing the flame to touch the herbs or oils if present. Visualize the healing energy transferring from the candle to the herbs or oils.
8. Place the candle in the cauldron or fireproof bowl, ensuring it is secure and stable.
9. Close your eyes and visualize the healing energy radiating from the candle, surrounding you or the person in need of healing. See the energy infusing the body, mind, and spirit, bringing balance and wellness.
10. Allow the candle to burn for a specific time, focusing your intention on the healing energy. You can let it burn completely if it’s a small candle, or extinguish and relight it for multiple sessions if it’s a larger candle.
11. As the candle burns, send thoughts and prayers of healing to yourself or the person in need. Trust that the healing energy is being received and utilized for their highest good.
12. When you’re ready to conclude the spell, extinguish the candle safely. Express gratitude for the healing energy that was invoked.
13. Dispose of any remaining candle wax or herbs in a respectful manner, such as burying them in the earth or scattering them in flowing water.
14. Repeat the spell as often as needed to continue the healing process.