The Vampyre: History, Magick & The Occult
The Vampyre: Then & Now
Here is a list a references for the Vampyre Lore and Mythology
Some of the first historical vampyres
- Caine became first vampire: He was cursed with vampirism by God as punishment for murdering Abel.
- According to biblical scholars, alukah can mean “blood-lusting monster” or vampire. Alukah is first referred to in Proverbs 30 of the Bible (Prov. 30:15).
The 17th Century
- In History the lore of vampires spread throughout many cultures, some believed the undead was buried and then arose. They believed it was imperative to cut off the heads
- The remains of a female “vampire” with a sickle across her throat are seen on Aug. 30 after they were unearthed at an archaeological site in a 17th-century cemetery in Bydgoszcz, Poland
- The term “psychic vampire” was popularized in the 1960s by Anton LaVey and his Church of Satan. LaVey wrote on the topic in his book, The Satanic Bible, and claimed to have coined the term. LaVey used psychic vampire to mean a spiritually or emotionally weak person who drains vital energy from other people. Adam Parfrey likewise attributed the term to LaVey in an introduction to The Devil’s Notebook.
- Terms used to describe the substance or essence that psychic vampires take or receive from others include: energy, qi (or ch’i), life force, prana, and vitality. There is no scientific or medical evidence supporting the existence of the bodily or psychic energy they allegedly drain
- Arnold Paole (Arnont Paule in the original documents; an early German rendition of a Serbian name or nickname, perhaps Арнаут Павле, Arnaut Pavle; died c. 1726) was a Serbian hajduk who was believed to have become a vampire after his death, initiating an epidemic of supposed vampirism that killed at least 16 people in his native village of Meduegna (also rendered as Metwett; likely a German rendition of Serbian “Medveđa)”, located at the West Morava river in Trstenik, Serbia.
Medical source of the myth
- Ambrogio and the First Clan of Vampyres
Vampire the Masquerade
- You can find some of this information for the modern day vampyre from authors like Michelle Belanger and Father Sebastian
I call to the vampyre hunter of prey
I call to the vampyre energy on this day
Come help me compel those to my arms
Imbue me with the power to charm
Come to me on the endless night
Grant me the power as I read this rite
I invoke your primal force into me
The magick is cast so mote it be